Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A "Fakey"?

I hate down days when I am Long. I hate them even more when the losses are "big" and the volume is small. Such was the case today as several of my positions were hit with nice-sized "losses" on light volume. I know the Fed announcement (yawn...they did nothing...again) kept most everyone on the sidelines, and when they got the news they expected, there was a little pop, until folks realized nothing really changed from before, and the market lost ground again. Anyway, my positions in ANDE, BHP, and CROX got beat up pretty good. My position in CLF got hammered, but may not be such a bad thing since I have a $45 Covered Call expiring this Friday. I would not mind having the stock finish below $45 and being able to maintain my position in it since it is heading toward the bottom of a nice Asecending Channel. I could wait for a bounce, ride it to the top of the Channel, and sell another Covered Call. We'll have to wait and see.

I am looking at TIE and BTU to come down to their support levels in their Ascending Channels, and then I'll snatch up some shares.

Happy Trading!

No comments: